Sunday, September 5, 2010

The start of a new year 2010/2011

The beginning of a new year is always filled with excitement and some fear. I am very excited to try new tools such as kidblog. I have set up my class and I can’t wait to see students blogging
regularly. I want to see what they are thinking and what they are passionate about. I am excited to continue to use some of the tools that I used last year, which will be new to most of my class. I have some fear that I will not be able to fit everything into our schedule, such as trying to organize computer use so that everyone has an equal opportunity to use them.
During our PD we heard the new buzz words, “Passion based learning”, I hope that I am able to elicited what my students are passionate about, or if they don’t know, I hope to guide them to find things to be excited about in life. Engaging students through their interests seems so obvious, so now the trick is to somehow create projects that are diverse and can and will interest all students. Here is to a wonderful year, and I am going to hit the ground running!

No comments:

Post a Comment